The Chiang Mai Xtra Package
On the outskirts of Chiang Mai, and convenient for the international airport, the surrounds are known globally as the ‘culture-seeker’s Thai destination of choice’. Well regarded for its calming atmosphere and refreshing climate, this tranquil location really does give you that ‘get away from it all’ feel; just the tonic one would want when halfway through a CELTA course!
What’s really different about this location is that not only do you get to train here, you get to stay here too! The private accommodation has the modern facilities you’d expect and also the exotic feel you’d want when staying in northern Thailand. Thai style. Charmingly decorated, each private, spacious, en-suite room is simply a joy to stay in. Now that’s relaxing!
The US $2,745* not only includes training and accommodation, it also includes full-board catering five days a week. Trainee teachers are thus able to take the opportunity to sample the delights of the local food (de-spiced for those that need it!) on a daily basis, delivered to their door – well, to the door of the dining room at least. And if you should get really desperate for a bit of home cooking at the weekend, then you will be glad to know that pizzas and other western favourites can really be delivered to your room by restaurants in the area. Alternatively, for those of you fully immersed in the Thai dining experience, you’ll be pleased to know the resort’s restaurant can take orders at weekends too!
Of course, you are not obliged to stay, you can do the regular course and travel in each day, but you might just end up getting a bit jealous of those that do.
- 27 nights accommodation from the Sunday before the course start to check out the Saturday after the course ends. Lovely private rooms with private bathrooms and air conditioning. Desk in your room for when you want to study alone.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on weekdays at the training centre’s ‘Thai Style’ restaurant.
- Full washing and ironing service (up to 100 items).
- A weekly Saturday trip into the town centre, leaving in the morning and returning late afternoon/early evening.
- A weekly Sunday activity or trip
- 1st Sunday of the course – Trip to Central Airport Plaza (Shopping Mall)
- 2nd Sunday of the course – Trip to Wat Chedi Luang
- 3rd Sunday of the course – A Thai cooking class complete with recipe
- In-room entertainment provided by a Samsung Smart TV.
- Drinking water.
- In-coming and room-to-room telephone calls.
- Rooms serviced every day with once weekly changes of linen.
- Small fridges in your rooms.
- Not Included
- Meals at weekends – you can order your favourite meals at the centre any time during your stay.
- Out-going local and international telephone calls can be made; these will include tax and a small service charge.
- Long-term returnable room deposit of 6,000 THB payable at check-in and refundable at check-out
Facilities at Hotel and Training Centre
- Free use of the internet linked computers and the resource room from 8am until 8pm weekdays and 9am to 6pm weekends.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the school and accommodation.
- Cafe for coffee, smoothies, and other refreshments.
- Fully equipped classrooms.
- Large swimming pool.
- Spa and massage services.
- Bicycles for rent.
*Please note that USD $2,745 includes accommodation for one person. If you would like to share the room with your partner, please email us for the price.