Both Chulalongkorn University and Thammasat University have English language exams for prospective students.
IH Bangkok Chiang Mai’s experienced, skilled teachers can help you to prepare for the CU-TEP or TU-GET exams with:
- Intensive exam prep courses
- Revision (including practice tests)
- Part-time courses for students who have a long-term goal of acceptance to one of these top universities
What kind of exam is it?
- The CU-TEP is for undergraduate university students interested in studying at Chulalongkorn University’s graduate programs in English and International Studies.
What level do I need to be?
- Upper Intermediate
What does the exam consist of?
- Reading (70 minutes)
The reading section consists of 6-7 long passages and questions about the passages. The passages are on academic topics; they are the kind of material that might be found in an undergraduate university textbook. Students answer questions about the main ideas, details, inferences, sentence restatements, sentence insertion, vocabulary, function and overall ideas. Prior knowledge of the subject under discussion is not necessary to come to the correct answer.
- Listening (30 minutes)
The listening section consists of fifteen long passages and questions about the passages. The questions ask the students to determine what the main ideas are, details, function, stance, inferences, and overall organization.
- Writing : Error Identification (30 minutes)
The writing section consists of 30 error identification questions. Candidates will be given a sentence and asked to choose a word or phrase from four options that makes the sentence incorrect. Examiners will be looking for the candidate’s knowledge of grammatical functions as well as their understanding of vocabulary.